Friday, October 1, 2010

October

It's finally October and our baby will be here this month! I know I say this a lot but we are so excited.

Now that I'm here in my last month I'm getting anxious, but in a good way. Every time I have a cramp or pain in my stomach I wonder if there will be more to follow. There are times when I wonder if my water broke, but then I realize that no I just peed a little.
Every time my son moves I wonder if he is getting excited to come out and meet us too (which I know he is)

Our bag is packed (for the most part):
-got an extra tooth brush and toothpaste
-hair brush
- hair ties and headbands
-ipod with "relaxing" music for me (It has everything on it from Enya to Breaking Benjamin)
- video camera, digital camera, and my nice camera and all the hook ups for the computer
-extra contacts and solution
-babies blanket
....There are more things that are going in but you get the point right....

We finished our prenatal class last night. It was a fun informative class, even though it wasn't new information for me it was really good for David. And the nurse who taught the class is also a lactation nurse so the last class was all about breastfeeding. I am planning on exclusively breastfeeding so the last class was really helpful.

As for a birth plan, mine is I think really simple:
- I want an epidural as soon as I can!
- I want to use my own music
- I would like to ware my own hospital gown
- I would like to breastfeed within the first hour
- If I need a C-section I would like David in the room
I don't know I really trust the doctors and nurses.

Again we are really excited and getting anxious. We can't wait to meet our baby boy!

No comments: