Saturday, October 23, 2010

4 days in the hospital

Ug What do I say really?
Well today was the 4th day in a row that I was sent to the hospital. (I did not go in on my own will but the will of the doctors)
The hospital called this morning telling me I needed to come back in today because my strip from yesterday was reviewed again and the doctor wanted to monitor me again.
Well I went in and got all hooked up and the nurse said well we are going to induce you we just have to monitor you for a little bit to get a good strip. Well then the doctor changed his mind everything was looking "good" so he was just going to send me home. Well I was not leaving without talking to him. Meanwhile my awesome nurses were doing everything they could to convince the doctor not to send me home saying that I did need to be induced. The baby even had a couple heart rate drops but I guess nothing was going to convince the doctor to induce me.

Ok so I know everyone is telling me that being induced is a lot longer and more painful. I know that it's better for me to start things on my own. But with EVERYTHING that has been going on: High Blood Pressure, the amount of fluid I'm retaining, the baby's heart rate....I would think they would want to get this baby out!
I also know that the chances of a C-section go up as well.
When the doctor came in he said (again) that I have a really big baby and that my chances of doing a C-section is already higher then normal.

I would be ok with things if it weren't the same thing over and over again. Every time I am sent to the hospital they keep saying oh today we are going to induce! Then after 2-4 hours of waiting and waiting they decide last minute to not induce.

It's just emotionally draining when you keep thinking and being told today is the day I get to meet my baby.

2 comments:

Gweneth said...

Doggone.....Hang in there. Praying big-time for you!

Love, Nana

Mary Ludwig said...

Man! I just get so dang mad at your doctor when I read that he keeps sending you home! Dr's have NO idea what they do emotionally to a woman who is ready to have a baby and you say "Ok. We're going to induce you. Never mind." Hang in there! We're praying for you! Any day now!!