Saturday, August 23, 2008

Talks & New Callings

So last sunday before church I told David that if we are asked to speak just lie and tell them we are going to be out of town. Of course i was joking. So in sunday school the guy sitting in front of us turned around and asked us if we were going to be in town next week because he wants us to speak. For a second i toyed with the idea that maybe I should go down to St. George to see if Jessica needed any help with the wedding, but then they would hunt us down and ask us to talk when we have run out of excuses. So we are talking tomorrow in church. Luckily they have 2 couples talk so instead of 15 min talks each we have 15 min all together, so its not that bad.  i have to, I mean I get to, talk about temples and David gets to talk about family history.  Well I guess its good that we were planning to go to the temple today. 

Also this morning a guy from the ward came by to extend both of us a calling. Now i know this sound strange but I was praying that I would get a calling to work in the nursery or maybe do something with the music (our ward needs help in that department) , but of course not we both got the calling to be Gospel Doctrine teachers (as a couple). So i guess when its our week to teach we will be making calls to Grandpa for ideas. 



No comments: