Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Day Of School

So today was the first day of school for me at UVU.  Since David is a full time employee there I get free tuition. My classes are on Tuesday's and Thursday's.

First class of the day is English 1010. My teacher is very up beat but there are a lot of "rules" (for a college class at least). We have to write 5 papers this semester.  I really don't think this class will be that hard (seeing as I took half of it already at Dixie State) I just have to make sure I go to class. 

My second class is Biology 1010. The professor for this class is your typical science teacher: dry humor, glasses outdated jacket... but he seems fun.  In this class you don't have to show up but thats not really smart seeing has there is so much you can learn from actually being in class.  He also posts all his lectures online so this class shouldn't be that hard.

Third class is Acting 1.  This class is going to be a lot of fun. I just acting in general. My teacher is very enthusiastic.  I have to do 2 scenes and then 2 monologues. I also have to attend 4 plays.  Oh and just on a side note auditions for the school plays and musical are next Wednesday. 

And my last class is Palliates. This one is going to be fun and relaxing. My teacher kinda thinks that everything is wonderful all the time but she seems fun. 


One fun thing is that David's office is nice and quite so I can sit in there and do homework when I have time. And we can carpool together so we are saving on gas, which means I can buy books. Books only cost me $200. blah. 
So thats about it for the first day of school.

1 comment:

Jenna Marie said...

Hey! This is Jenna (Heinrich) Corry. I didn't know you had a blog! :) We do too... thecorrys.blogspot.com! It's fun to see every day lives of people on their blogs- instead of just facebook! :) About the $200 for books! Sheesh! Do you remember Scott Curtis? Anyway- I talked to him the other day and he had to pay $200 for ONE book! Total rip off! :) anyway- good luck with the semester!