Sunday, March 22, 2009

Proposal


One year ago today David got down on one knee and officially proposed to me!
So here's the story on how it all went down.

David and I knew that we were getting married we had already reserved the temple and called around to find a place to have the reception. I knew David had gone to pick out a ring. I wanted him to pick it and surprise me, but I had 2 requirements: It had to be silver (white gold, platinum, ect.) and it had to be princess cut (preferably on point). So like a couple days before March 22 I knew he had actually had the ring in his apartment. I was getting really excited.
On March 21st I called David from my break at work just to talk and stuff ( I know haw sappy but we love each other) and he asked me what I was doing the next day (a saturday) Right then I knew what he was going to do. I mean we spent every waking moment with each other and what else was I going to be doing on a Saturday?

So March 22nd I got all cute and waited for David to come pick me up. I really didn't know what he had planned except a nice lunch.
We went to lunch at Tucanno's(sp?). It was really good but I was nervous because I knew he had the ring and I didn't know when I was going to get it. After lunch we started to drive up the canyon and then I knew. He was going to propose and Bridal Vail Falls. I was really getting excited now!

We got there and had to walk a little ways to actually get there and thats when David started to get nervous. I mean we both new what the answer was but it was exciting! There was still snow in some places but it had mostly melted, but because of the snow that was left the pool at the bottom of the falls was just rocks and very little water.
There was no one around and david and I walked out onto the water and then he got down on one knee...
Holy Crap! I was so happy and excited and nervous all in one. And Honestly I really can't remember what he said but I know I said YES!!!
I was so happy! I cried of course! The ring was white gold with a princess on point diamond and 3 princess on point diamonds on each side. Beautiful!!!
I wanted some pictures and a lady and her family just happened to be walking by. When we asked to take maybe one or 2 pics she said (paraphrasing) No way you need more then that I'm a professional photographer and I'll take a few for you.
I thought that was really nice of her!
After that we went back home and called just about everyone we could think of to let them know that this was official and there was no turning back!!!

I'm so happy he gave me a beautiful ring and a promise that he wants to spend his life with me!
I love you David!!!

1 comment:

Gweneth said...

My loves, this is really a romantic story. I love the photos -- how lucky for you someone came by who could take such sweet photos!

I love you LOTS! I love your "Love Story," too.

Nana