Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Jessica had her baby!!!


On Saturday I just got home from work and was sitting on the sofa with David trying to decide what we were going to get at the store for the next days dinner when I got a text from my best friend saying she was headed to the hospital to have her baby! So I asked my husband if he wanted to drive down with me since it was the weekend and we wouldn't be missing school or work. So we packed up a few things and drove down to St. George at 8:30. We got into town around 12:30 and Jessica was asleep and just waiting to push (she obviously got an epidural, which she highly recommends) We were able to go to my parents house and sleep for a couple hours. At 3:00 am Jessica called me to let me know that she was ready to push and she would have Tyrone, her husband, give us a call/ text when her daughter was born.
At 4:20am Autumn Kira Joyce Kikookoonalani Harward was born!
8 lbs 4 oz 20 in
And see that cute blanket she's wrapped up in! I made that for her!
Jessica and baby were doing great and got some much needed rest. Around 9:00am I stopped by the hospital to visit the new mommy and the baby. Jessica was saying how serial the whole experience was and how crazy that she gave birth to this little girl that was growing in her belly for that last 9 months.
Autumn is such a sweet little girl already.
Jessica is going to be a great mom, and I'm so excited for her!
Love you Jess!

2 comments:

Gweneth said...

How great to be such a close part of your best friend's new mommy experience. I had no idea she had such an unusual name..... Wow! Well, looking forward to many happy occasions.....Let Jessica know I am happy for her.

Megan & David said...

Tyron is Hawaiian and they all have family hawaiian names. Her name means holding up the heavens