Wednesday, April 28, 2010

14 weeks!


Ok so officially the word is out!
I'M PREGNANT! I'm 14 weeks today!

So here is the story so far....

On Sunday February 21st I took a pregnancy test and it came back with 2 little line! YAY!
Because I was considered "high risk" since I had a m/c back in November, my doctor got me in right away. We got to do an early ultrasound at 8 weeks and we saw the heart beating away! It was so awesome!

but heres the annoying part... My due date up to this point was October 27. But because of the ultrasound they changed my due date by a week to Nov 2-4. I don't care I did the "math" and I am still due October 27! ( doing and ultrasound early the baby grows faster and slower for some women so it could be the baby was just turned at a different angle...there was one point during the u/s that she said I was due in Oct)
Anyways...
2 weeks ago I did have a bit of a scare. I was getting ready to go to school and I noticed that I was bleeding a lot! She being scared and worried I called the doctors and called David. They were able to get me in right away and they did an u/s. And thank goodness the baby was still there and the heartbeat was strong and healthy! The nurse did comment though that it was hard to see because the baby was jumping all over the place, and would not sit still! That made me feel better to see and hear the baby again.
I did have to get a Rohgam shot because I am O-

And then today I went back in for my 4 week checkup and the doctor checked me out to make sure my cervix was closed and we heard the heartbeat, again nice and strong! And the doctor really made me feel good. He said that if I had any concerns I could come in anytime just to hear the heartbeat. ( I wish I could go in every day! but I don't want to be "that" girl lol)
I go back in 4 weeks again and then after that we get to find out the sex of the baby!

I'm just so thankful everything is going well this time around!

6 comments:

Dani and Chandler said...

I was hoping to see a post like this soon! Congrats!

Josh and Amber said...

Congrats Megan!

Taren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Taren said...

Okay, I just deleted my comment because I spelled "too" instead of "two" and I thought I had copied and pasted it but I DIDN'T. LAME!

So, basically it said (in case you still don't get it in your email) - congrats! I'm so excited for you TWO! 14 weeks! Only 26 left! You're going to be all cute and pregnant looking soon! Can't wait!

And now I'm going to go to you facebook page and tell you to eat lunch with me. K, bye.

The Blakes said...

Glad to hear! Congrats! Its funny it sounds a lot like what happened to me! I had a miscarriage and then got pregnant again had bleeding and I have 0- blood (RH factor). Just PLEASE do not feel bad about going in if things do not feel right because its SO not worth it to even wonder. I had a lot of spotting my 1st trimester and then around 14 weeks had a pretty big bleed and every time i bled i went into the dr but felt stupid a lot. I SO regret that! then before i had my baby early I thought that I was leaking fluid but didnt go in because I thought that i would be that girl and so I didnt go in..then my water broke completely 2 days later. so please please dont feel like "that" girl. you are bringing a baby into this world and thats the most important thing in the end! Congrats....ok off my soap box :P

Cristina said...

congrats!! so excited for you guys!