Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11

I just wanted to take a minute to remember 9/11/01. 
I remember that I was being woken up by my mother getting me ready to go to seminary. We were listening to the radio all the way to the church. Once in class we listened on the radio again.
All day at school we watched the news. And the Principle had an emergency assembly for the whole school. The school counselors were going to be available to anyone who needed it. It was really shocking and I was on the west cost!
I can't even imagine what it would have been like to actually be there in New York. To watch the plane fly into the building to hear the cries for help.  I am so thankful to all those brave men and women who ran into the deteriorating buildings to help others escape not even thinking twice as to what would happen to them. Thank you to all the Firemen, Police and EMS who responded. 
It was a terrible day and we lost many friends and family. I pray for the families who lost someone that day, and I pray for our troops who are fighting to keep us safe. 
GOD BLESS AMERICA

No comments: