Sunday, February 15, 2009

Flash Back Valentines

Happy Valentines Day!
I have to do a flash back to last year...
  One year ago I met David! We had met in our ward and started talking and getting to know each other.  David decided he would ask me out on our first date. It happened to be on Valentines Day. I being a girl knew exactly what day it was.  We went and saw Emo Phillips at Wise Guys Comedy Club.  So I got all cute wore red and waited for David to come pick me up. I even made Valentines Day cupcakes.  We walked to the club got our seats and started to enjoy the show.  Well it wasn't until Emo came on stage and asked if everyone was enjoying their Valentines when David realized it was in fact Valentines Day. I think he got a little more nervous when he figured it out.
But as you can tell everything turned out great!!!

Now back to 2009!
We wanted to do something a little special seeing as this was the anniversary of our first date.  On the 13th we went out to dinner at the Melting Pot in Salt Lake (it was cheaper to go on the 13th instead of the 14th).  It was soooo good!!!!!

Then on Valentines Day we babysat Kaitlyn. We had a lot of fun! We made Valentines and hung them on the door.  After she left David and I had our nice romantic evening.  I made dinner which has been a tradition in my family forever! It was a heart shaped meatloaf with mashed potatoes around it to make "lace".  
We ate by candle light and had love songs playing in the back (Josh Gracian!) and I made Strawberry Short Cake for dessert.
We then exchanged Valentines. 
I gave David the game Killer Bunnies(best game ever!)

And David gave me Chocolate, a Teddy Bear, and Mama Mia.

We had a lot of fun celebrating 1 year of knowing each other!

No comments: