Monday, January 9, 2012

donuts!

For Christmas I got an awesome babycakes donut maker! (Thanks mom!)
So I tried it out yesterday and I made some really good doughnuts!

I used a recipe that my family uses to make Danish Pastry Puff and I thought hey why not put in here and try it!

Ingredients:

1 stick butter (has to be butter NOT margarin)
1 C water
1 tsp almond flavoring
1 C flour
3 eggs

In a large pot boil butter and water to a rapid boil.  Add almond and remove from heat.  Add flour immediately and stir till dough comes together.  Add one egg at a time and mix together.
I put the dough in a zip lock bag and cut the tip off and filled the donut makers and cooked them for about 4-6 minutes, or until golden brown.

Frosting:

1 stick butter
1 lbs powdered sugar
4 Tbl milk
1 tsp almond flavoring

Mix all ingredients together. Then frost the donuts and enjoy!


No comments: